It's a Boy!!!!!
We knew all weeked that the new list was coming out on Monday night. I got more and more nervous as we got closer. By Tuesday morning, I was popping the pepto bismal chewables-heartburn which I have only had one other time (at the end of my pregnancy). There was no guarantee we would even receive a referral off the list, but we were hopeful. Tuesday morning I took Bethany to church for mother's morning out, nervously bought soap and 75% of Valentine's conversaion hearts at Target, and then I went to Panera and got a fruit punch. I set up my laptop, put my phone on the table, and nervously surfed the web until I couldn't handle it anymore. The wait was getting to me. I headed out of Panera and spilled my drink all over the place. Smooth one Katie. I got in my car and headed to the beach. Didn't get very far.....my phone rang......."Holt"........ I pulled over and it was THE call! 11:00am on February 22 Caleb became part of our family.
We proudly introduce you to Caleb Shen (one more middle name obmitted for privacy).
Born July, 2009 and has been lovingly cared for in the orphanage since that day. He is now 19 months old. He has a cleft lip that has been repaired and a cleft palate that we will have repaired once he's home. He seems to be thriving. Here are some of the things his "aunts" say about him.
- Is choosy about food
- Likes sweet food
- Likes to watch colorful pictures and listen to happy music
- Would clap happily and shout happily when seeing familiar aunt
- Would cry loudly when seeing strangers, and hide in the aunt’s arm
- Likes to play with children of the same age.
- Likes to play outside and slide
- Is a deep sleeper
We hope to travel in about 5-6 months to bring him home to his forever family! If you have questions, feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll try and answer them.
We are over the moon!!!

Comments
Stephanie sent me your way. She's thrilled for you....as she should be ;0)
BTW, the first thing I thought when I saw him was that he was adorable. The second thing I thought was that he looked like Jolene's son!
Blessings
Julie
Kelly