Falling in Love

The other day there was music playing in our house. Caleb came up to me, reached out and grabbed both my hands, pulling me to my feet. He was asking me to dance with him.

If my hair falls in my face, he will brush it out of the way.

He knows the words "hug" and "kiss" and will give them and receive them freely.

He turns towards me instead of away from me when I rock him before bed.

He looks me in the eye and touches my nose, my mouth, my cheeks.

He tries to get me to laugh with funny facial expressions and begs me to tickle him.


This is the beauty of adoption. This little boy, my son, gets the joy of falling in love with a Momma. And this Momma gets to fall in love with that boy.


Comments

Anonymous said…
This is so beautiful. I'm glad the bonding process is going so well! Shan
Meagan said…
and now I'm crying! precious
Ashlee said…
Katie---seriously! I'm crying over here! Beautifully put! Love you guys lots!
Carol said…
beautiful. Love the photo. Can't wait to meet Caleb. Love, Aunt Carol
Anonymous said…
Tears...tears...thanks a lot! (Seriously, I am so happy for you and your family!) - Adrienne

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Boy!!!!!

Happy 17th Birthday Bethany!

Happy 17th Birthday Caleb!