An overdue update
I realized that I never update about Bethany's 6 month check up. Overall she is healthy but we did have some concerns.
1. She only grew 1/4 inch in two months. She is very low on the percentile now for her height. But she did gain almost two pounds. The doctor didn't seem concerned but I, of course, am still worrying about it two weeks later.
2. We started her on solids over Christmas and slowly realized something we were giving her was causing a rash and eczema to form all over her back, stomach, and neck. So we were told not to give her bananas or carrots until she's a year. We also have to restart the introduction of foods and give each one for two weeks. It's going to take a LONG time to make it through the foods. So far, she seems to be ok with green beans and pears. The rash is totally gone now. So that is a praise for sure!!
3. The doctor's main concern was that Bethany is not babbling yet. She does squeal and make noises but there are no consonants. She doesn't say "babababa, dadadada, mamamama" like she should be. The doctor said she'll give her a month and if she still isn't babbling then she will have to have a hearing test. We're halfway into week three and, still no babbling. So, we have until March 1- I sure am hoping for some consonants before then!
But overall, I think Bethany's doing well. She's becoming more and more mobile every day (see previous blog post). She is very happy. She's finally get a bit more hair and it is very blonde. One of her favorite things is to drink from whatever cup we are drinking from. She will grab it and pul it to her mouth. She also is fascinated by mirrors, loves to play in the water, and recently discovered her tongue and now sticks it out all the time.
I love her!
1. She only grew 1/4 inch in two months. She is very low on the percentile now for her height. But she did gain almost two pounds. The doctor didn't seem concerned but I, of course, am still worrying about it two weeks later.
2. We started her on solids over Christmas and slowly realized something we were giving her was causing a rash and eczema to form all over her back, stomach, and neck. So we were told not to give her bananas or carrots until she's a year. We also have to restart the introduction of foods and give each one for two weeks. It's going to take a LONG time to make it through the foods. So far, she seems to be ok with green beans and pears. The rash is totally gone now. So that is a praise for sure!!
3. The doctor's main concern was that Bethany is not babbling yet. She does squeal and make noises but there are no consonants. She doesn't say "babababa, dadadada, mamamama" like she should be. The doctor said she'll give her a month and if she still isn't babbling then she will have to have a hearing test. We're halfway into week three and, still no babbling. So, we have until March 1- I sure am hoping for some consonants before then!
But overall, I think Bethany's doing well. She's becoming more and more mobile every day (see previous blog post). She is very happy. She's finally get a bit more hair and it is very blonde. One of her favorite things is to drink from whatever cup we are drinking from. She will grab it and pul it to her mouth. She also is fascinated by mirrors, loves to play in the water, and recently discovered her tongue and now sticks it out all the time.
I love her!
Comments