Pride Comes Before the Fall

I am studying Esther with the youth small group I facilitate and we just learned Sunday night about how pride comes before the fall. Haman gets so full of himself and then is totally taken down by the King. If you haven't read Esther, you should! It's like a soap opera!! Well, I should have listened to the lesson more carefully Sunday night.....

I took Bethany to the play area at Chick Fil A yesterday because she has a fascination with climbing stairs and sliding down slides. She thinks she's a two year old I guess! So, after a bunch of playing, a bit of chicken, fruit, and ice cream, I took her to the bathroom for a quick diaper change. As I was washing my hands I let her wander around in the handicapped bathroom (where the changing table was) and I stood there thinking how nice it was that she could walk. "Everyone says it's more trouble when they start to walk, but this is great. I mean look at her, walking around like a big girl while mommy washes her hands. This sure is easier than trying to hold her and wash my hands at the same"......BAM......WAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Pride comes before the fall, only this time it was Bethany that fell, right onto the metal garbage can attached to the wall. Fortunately the bump isn't too big and it didn't cut her. Okay, lesson learned!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YaY you blogged! (shan shan)

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Boy!!!!!

Happy 17th Birthday Bethany!

Happy 17th Birthday Caleb!