Question and Answer
It's been a week since we saw our sweet Caleb's face for the first time. Since then I have looked at it approximately 1,348 times (and counting). But besides that, we have been BUSY!!
Going to a wedding for a sweet friend:
And now that we know who Caleb is, people have so many questions. I will answer some of them here:
1. Where is he now? He is in an orphanage in a city north east of Beijing.
2. When do you get to go get him? Hopefully around mid July or August
3. How long will you be in China? About 2 weeks
4. Will Bethy go? No :(
5. What is cleft lip and palate? This wikipedia article explains and has pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_lip_and_palate
6. It must be so hard to not be with him now that you know who he is, how do you handle it? Honestly, this week has been easier than normal in that respect. Before we got his referral, I knew he was alive but didn't have his picture and didn't know his need, when we would get him, etc. I cried... often. And, yes, I do wish I could go scoop him up right now. But at least now I have a goal to work towards an an end date in site. I have a nursery to decorate, a medical need to research, paperwork to fill out, packing lists to make, to do lists to accomplish, and a face to pray over. I know it will get harder and there will be days I cry about it. But for today, I feel ok.
I have so many posts swirling around in my head but for now, this is all I got.
Going to a wedding for a sweet friend:
Relaxing at one of our favorite places on Earth:
And becoming a 31 month old:
And now that we know who Caleb is, people have so many questions. I will answer some of them here:
1. Where is he now? He is in an orphanage in a city north east of Beijing.
2. When do you get to go get him? Hopefully around mid July or August
3. How long will you be in China? About 2 weeks
4. Will Bethy go? No :(
5. What is cleft lip and palate? This wikipedia article explains and has pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_lip_and_palate
6. It must be so hard to not be with him now that you know who he is, how do you handle it? Honestly, this week has been easier than normal in that respect. Before we got his referral, I knew he was alive but didn't have his picture and didn't know his need, when we would get him, etc. I cried... often. And, yes, I do wish I could go scoop him up right now. But at least now I have a goal to work towards an an end date in site. I have a nursery to decorate, a medical need to research, paperwork to fill out, packing lists to make, to do lists to accomplish, and a face to pray over. I know it will get harder and there will be days I cry about it. But for today, I feel ok.
I have so many posts swirling around in my head but for now, this is all I got.
Comments