9 months adoption pregnant!

I got the flu the first week of April and pretty much kept going- housework, laundry, adoption paperwork. I just kept pushing through. So, God gave me a redo and struck me with the plague this week. Well, it was a virus but it might as well have been. Bethy had it earlier in the week only she had a rash from head to toe with her fever. I had a sore throat that felt like thousands of tiny men were stabbing me in the throat every time I swallowed. I could hardly talk my throat was so swollen. I had a fever that Tylenol barely touched. I missed my orchestra concert- that's a post for another day.... I could do almost nothing but stay in bed.

But that was then, and today is a new day. Bethy and I went on a beautiful walk this morning and I'm feeling great!

We should get notice of our article 5 letter this week (hopefully tomorrow). What's the article 5?- it just says "Ok, everything's in order for the adoption. China- you can tell them to come get Caleb."

So in the next few days, we will be officially waiting on China to issue our Travel Approval. This is kind of like the last month of pregnancy where you have your bag packed, the car seat in the car, and a look on your face like you're about over all this and want your baby. Yeah, that's us! I am nine months adoption pregnant!

Comments

Woohoo!! So excited for you all!!
Rita and John said…
Sorry to hear you've been sick, but I'm so excited that you are getting so close to your Caleb!
Melissa said…
Yeah for being 9 months paper pregnant!!! You are SO close! Hope you are feeling better, you surely have lots to do to get ready!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Boy!!!!!

Happy 17th Birthday Bethany!

Happy 17th Birthday Caleb!