We're in Hong Kong
Hi from Hong Kong! We haven't seen much of it because it was naptime when we got here but what we've seen from the taxi is beautiful. It looks like we won't get to see much while we're here but the Big Buddah statue is across the street and we may venture out that way.
Caleb is doing much better with me! Yaaaaaaay! He has let me hold him multiple times and even reached out for me to hold him a few times on the train ride.
When we got to the train station this morning, Caleb FREAKED out!!! He screamed and cried almost the whole time until we got on the train and I gave him a bottle. I think maybe he thought we were leaving him. It's hard to not be able to use words to reassure him. Other than that, he's doing great. He really likes dried mango and has been muching on that It's a good step towards eating. He's so funny. He makes this big production out of opening his mouth and taking a bite of whatever we're eating but he either doesn't even put food in his mouth or he just closes his lips and doesn't bite anything off. At least he's trying.
Last night we went to a French restaurant and it was amazing. Caleb even ate some of the dessert- "Floating island". It had melted cream in it and he loved it.
Caleb loves to play with my iphone and to look at himself in the camera part of it. He is discovering so many new things. He loves to climb on top of Tom and he loves for me to fly him around the room. Have I mentioned he has a very big head? It's so funny because his body is so small (I will need to change out the clothes I put in his closet because he is only size 18 months) but he has this big head. He just plunks it down at times like he is so tired of carrying it around. Bethy has such a small head so this is a big change. He'll grow into it! : )
We're so happy to be headed home. Our flight leaves tomorrow around 9am.
Well, I need to go. Will write more later if I get a chance.
Caleb is doing much better with me! Yaaaaaaay! He has let me hold him multiple times and even reached out for me to hold him a few times on the train ride.
When we got to the train station this morning, Caleb FREAKED out!!! He screamed and cried almost the whole time until we got on the train and I gave him a bottle. I think maybe he thought we were leaving him. It's hard to not be able to use words to reassure him. Other than that, he's doing great. He really likes dried mango and has been muching on that It's a good step towards eating. He's so funny. He makes this big production out of opening his mouth and taking a bite of whatever we're eating but he either doesn't even put food in his mouth or he just closes his lips and doesn't bite anything off. At least he's trying.
Last night we went to a French restaurant and it was amazing. Caleb even ate some of the dessert- "Floating island". It had melted cream in it and he loved it.
Caleb loves to play with my iphone and to look at himself in the camera part of it. He is discovering so many new things. He loves to climb on top of Tom and he loves for me to fly him around the room. Have I mentioned he has a very big head? It's so funny because his body is so small (I will need to change out the clothes I put in his closet because he is only size 18 months) but he has this big head. He just plunks it down at times like he is so tired of carrying it around. Bethy has such a small head so this is a big change. He'll grow into it! : )
We're so happy to be headed home. Our flight leaves tomorrow around 9am.
Well, I need to go. Will write more later if I get a chance.
Comments
I ran into you guys on the island! Your little guy is adorable! We were there adopting our daughter, LilyBeth. I hope your flight home was smooth.
We just got caught up on your blog posts. So happy for you guys. Little Caleb is SO cute. Can't wait to see more pics of him. Glad you are coming home soon!
Sharla (and Ken too)
Love you much,
Steph
Praying for everything to go smoothly!!
Janice
(Holt)